Tuesday, October 25, 2011

CNRN Group Meeting Follow-Ups‏

Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much to all of you for attending our first meeting! It was a pleasure to meet and talk with all of you. I have looked at the calendar and will schedule our next meeting for Tuesday November 15.  I am unsure of the time, I will need to check with administration for available times and then get back with you. I may schedule the next meeting in the evening, but I am unsure. I will email all of you as so as I am sure.  

I am attaching several items for you review. Please look for the attachments under the Trauma tab above. The first 2 are clinical practice guidelines in caring for patients with mild traumatic brain injury (TBI) and severe traumatic brain injury. This 2 documents are very long, skin through them for reference. Create a folder in your documents on your computer for Neuroscience Nursing and save them to that. This will make it easier for you to access the information when you need it.  The next 2 items are powerpoint presentations on Mild & Severe TBI. I received this from a friends who teaches so please don't distribute them, thanks. We will go over the case studies at out next meeting. 

The link list above leads you to the information I talked about regarding the Japanese scientist who created a substance that makes the brain see through. It is very interesting and easy to read. 

The link listed above is the lasted and greatest in Neuroscience news and research happening around the united states. Read at your leisure. 

I believe I stated that there were no books like the CCRN review books for the CNRN. I was wrong I found one offered by the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses (AANN). It is a CD ROM designed for candidates preparing to take the CNRN examination. It is a voice-over PowerPoint presentation with modules that follow the examination matrix. The product also includes a PDF of the notes section of the slides for more in-depth studying.

You can get 10.75 CE credits. The cost is $260 for non-members and $199 for members. Now, since I am a member, I would be willing to buy it for anyone who is interested.  However, if anyone is interested, we come together and split the cost.  This would be a great asset for all of us to have.  Please let me know I would gladly copy the CD for each of us. 

Lastly, website for the handheld study guide for the exam. I listed it above. 

If there are any questions please let me know. I will send other study material later this month. All of the information I will send will be listed under the Traumatic Brain Injury content section. Please check the study blogspot (www.CNRNReview.Blogspot.com) for practice questions.

Dates to remember:  
Thursday Nov. 10,2011 - 1-2pm -Webcast on ICP/Ventris/Lumbar drains
                                    Click on link to register - http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22D7MEQ3SSQ
Tuesday Nov. 15, 2011 - Next group meeting - time to be announced
Thursday Nov. 17, 2011 - Neuroscience Conference in Newport Beach CA 

Until Next Time!

Laura M. Reese, RN, MSN, CNS, CCRN

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, i'm Linda Harry from United State i was diagnosed with Parkinson Disease  for over 6 years which made me loose my job and my relationship with my Fiance after he discovered that i was having Parkinson, he departed from me, and i tried all my best to make him stays, but he neglected me until a friend of mine  from UK told me Great healer, who will restore my life back with his powerful healing herbal medicine. then he  sent me his email address to contact him- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. and i quickly contacted him, and he said my condition can be solved, that he will treat the disease immediately only if i can accept trust on him and accept his terms and condition, i Agreed because i was so much in need of help by all means, so i did all he instructed me to do. And surprisingly after two weeks, He sent me a text, that i should hurry up to the hospital for a checkup, which i truly did, i confirm from my doctor that i am now ( PARKINSON NEGATIVE) my eyes filled with tears and joy, crying heavily because truly the disease deprived me of many things from my life, This is a Miracle, dr imoloa also uses his powerful herbal medicine to cure the following diseases:  lupus disease,  mouth ulcer,  mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis A.B.C.,   syphilis,  diarrhea,  HIV/AIDS,  Huntington's Disease,   back acne,  Chronic renal failure,   addison disease,  Chronic Pain,   Crohn's Disease,   Cystic Fibrosis,  Fibromyalgia,   Inflammatory Bowel Disease,  fungal nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major Depression,  Malignant Melanoma,   Mania,  Melorheostosis,   Meniere's Disease,  Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis,  Muscular Dystrophy,  Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease, parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy,  Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease,   Back Pain,  Back Sprain,   Bipolar Disorder,  Brain Tumour,  Malignant,   Bruxism, Bulimia,  Cervical Disk Disease, cardiovascular disease, Neoplasms, chronic respiratory disease,  mental and behavioural disorder,     Cystic Fibrosis,   Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma,  Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis.  chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease,  impotence,  feta alcohol spectrum,  Dysthymic Disorder,   Eczema, tuberculosis,  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, bone cancer, lung cancer. contact him on email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. and also on whatssap- +2347081986098

    ReplyDelete